Møysalen Mountain


                   M ø y s a l e n

In Vesterålen (a group of islands in the northern part of Norway) there is a striking beautiful mountain called Møysalen. The mountain has the form of a saddle, and around the saddle there is several smaller mountains "approaching" the saddle. According to the legend, the smaller mountains are young troll girls, made to stone as the sun rised. Translated, the name Møysalen will be something like The Lady Saddle. 

I gave this painting to a good friend of mine, and recently received this picture of the framed result. I really loved the result! Thank you I.! :-) i hope to show you my original picture of the painting later! I just have to come around all the cozy preparations for the christmas:-D Have a nice pre-christmas time!

Etiketter: